Spring is just around the corner and we are so ready for it (seriously, what’s with this #MAsnow in March?). And as the flowers and trees bloom back to life, we are reminded of this time of renewal, transformation, and reflection. Spring is also the season of celebration in many cultures.
We love celebrating all kinds of occasions, but birthdays are one of our favorite—especially when ice cream is involved! We put together some fun, Ice Cream-themed DIY Birthday Party Inspiration projects for invitations, decorations, and more. And if you’re looking for somewhere to host your next birthday party, give us a call. We have plenty of room and many ways to celebrate in our shop!
Photo via LittleHiccups.net
Many great birthday parties have a clear theme. You can give your guests a sneak peek of what’s in store with fun and whimsical invitations. We adore these popsicle-style invites!
- Construction paper, patterned paper, etc.
- Pens, markers, colored pencils, etc.
- Ribbons, glitter, etc. for decoration
- Hot glue or craft glue
- Popsicle sticks (the jumbo sticks work better for larger invitation cards)
- Optional—Computer and printer to type out invitation message
- Cut paper in the shape of a popsicle or whichever shape you desire.
- You can cut out some teeth marks in the top corner so it looks like the popsicle has been bitten into, like this one from Little Hiccups!
- Write your message and details about the party on the piece of paper. You can also type this message on your computer and print it out to glue on if you don’t feel comfortable handwriting the invitations.
- Once you have finished filling out your invitation with the details about the party, it is time to glue the invitation onto the popsicle stick. Using hot glue or other strong adhesive like craft glue, attach the popsicle stick.
- Lastly, decorate your card using glitter, ribbons, or stickers.
If you want to get even more creative with your invitations, try using patterned paper or other special materials like these which use paint swatches, via sofestive.com.
The invitations will set the theme for the party, but now it’s up to the decorations to make it a reality. Balloons, backdrops, garland, cutouts, and center pieces all make great decoration choices. Upgrade those typical decorations with these awesome decoration hacks:
Photo via CowCountryHousewife.com
Your guests are probably expecting some balloons here and there, but these easy DIY Confetti Balloons, inspired by CowCountryHousewife.com, will blow them away!
- Rubber balloons (any color works, however keep in mind that the more transparent your balloon, the more noticeable the confetti will be.)
- Confetti or glitter
- Helium tank
- String or ribbon
- Position the funnel at the opening of the balloon. Make sure the balloon is completely wrapped around the bottom of the funnel so your confetti or glitter doesn’t spill out.
- Open the confetti and pour desired amount into rubber balloon.
- Fill balloon with helium as you would normally, or blow up with air if you do not want the balloons to float.
- Tie off the end of the balloon and wrap string or ribbon around the balloon knot.
You can also decorate balloons with stickers or add paper to create new shapes like these ice cream cone balloons, inspired by SecondCitySoiree.com.
Ice Cream Cone Garland
Photo via OhHappyDay.com
- Mini tissue paper honeycombs or mini honeycomb garland (you can find these in craft stores, department stores, and paper stores)
- Colored cardstock or construction paper
- String and plastic needle, if not using pre-strung garland
- Start by creating a cone cut out to trace. OhHappyDay.com has a printable cone cut out.
- Cut out as many cones as needed so that each tissue paper ball has one.
- Glue each cone together.
- Glue each honeycomb ball to its cone. Let dry.
- If you are making your own garland, you will now string your honeycomb balls together using a plastic needle and any sting or ribbon you would like.
The first reference to a “birthday cake” is said to date back to the 1700s. Since then, birthday cakes have been a fundamental part of our celebrations. At Chill on Park, we make customized ice cream cakes ready for any occasion. We start with two chocolate or vanilla cake rounds and layer them with your choice of ice cream. We then frost the outside and decorate the top with your message or design. We can add toppings like fruit, drizzle, or candy for a small fee.
Another great party treat is an Ice Cream Pie: a graham cracker or Oreo cookie crust loaded with ice cream. We carry Mudd (coffee flavored) pies, Oreo pies, and Strawberry-Vanilla pies. Our cakes and pies are available for pick up or delivery (for a small delivery fee) at your convenience! Give us a call today to get your order started.
The Complete Party Experience
If you’re looking for the complete party experience, you’ve come to the right place. Chill on Park offers many ways to celebrate your birthday whether you’re turning 5 or celebrating your 50th! Make your own ice cream creations with an Ice Cream Sundae or Cookie Sandwich Party Package.
We’ll happily reserve tables in our shop for a minimum of 1.5 hours, or bring the party to you! We’ll provide the ice cream and toppings, utensils, balloons, and an optional activity for kids’ parties. You are welcome to bring in your own food or snacks for the party—just give us a heads-up so we know how to plan everything and set up. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your party knowing that Chill on Park has everything covered.
To book your birthday party or reserve your cake, call us today at (617) 297–5401. Did you try one of these projects? Share your finished crafts with us on Facebook, Twittter, or Instagram — tag us @ChillOnPark!