Sometimes there are treats you want at any given time… so why not learn to make them at home? We’ve selected a bunch of our favorite, easy-to-make items and included the ingredients and steps to create them on your own.
1. BANANA POPS
Frozen banana pops are great snacks, especially on-the-go! Make a tray, keep ‘em frozen, and grab one when you need one!
- Whole bananas
- Melting chocolate (Choose: milk, white, dark)
- Toppings (Choose: chocolate sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles, nuts, coconut)
- Wax paper
- Large baking sheet
- Popsicle sticks
- Line baking sheet with wax paper
- Melt chocolate until smooth
- Slice bananas in half (making two short halves from each banana)
- Stick a popsicle stick in each; dip banana (entirely or halfway) into melted chocolate
- Set down on wax paper
- Sprinkle with desired topping; flip and repeat to cover both sides of banana half
- Store in freezer
An Affogato is a simple coffee-based dessert! This is a great way to sweeten up some espresso, and can be made right at home.
Scoop of ice cream
- Add a scoop of ice cream into a small bowl or cup
- Pour an espresso shot over it!
You can also make this one with tea! Instead of an espresso shot, brew tea double strength (one teabag in 4-5 ounces water). Here are some ice cream and tea combinations suggested by MEM Tea Imports:
- Vanilla ice cream with Earl Grey or Rooibos Decorated
- Chocolate ice cream with Chai or Moroccan Mint
- Mint Chip ice cream with Moroccan Mint or China Green Jade
- Black Raspberry Chip ice cream with English Breakfast or Rooibos Decorated
What’s more refreshing than a fruit smoothie? Great for a quick, filling breakfast, mid-afternoon beverage, or even a smooth dessert drink! The best part is, you can put anything you want in a smoothie and blend it up right at home! It’s basically taking everything you like and mixing it all together… whatever floats your boat!
- At least 1 cup fruit
•10-12 oz. liquid (juice or milk)
- 2 scoops frozen yogurt or ice cream (optional)
- Whey (vanilla or chocolate, optional)
- Combine all ingredients in blender
- Blend until smooth!
Use frozen fruit in smoothies instead of fresh fruit so smoothie is more refreshing! To switch it up a bit, add a teaspoon of matcha powder! Made from a premium Japanese green tea, this is rich, sweet, and vegetal. And it’s good for you! Matcha is packed with antioxidants, boosts metabolism, and detoxifies. Other add-in ideas include peanut butter, coconut, yogurt, and chocolate chips.
If you have some left over, pour it into a mold, stick in a popsicle stick, and freeze for a smoothie pop!
- Strawberries, banana, cranberry juice, vanilla yogurt
- Strawberries, mangos, mango juice, coconut ice cream
- Banana, peanut butter, chocolate yogurt, chocolate almond milk
- Banana, pineapple, honey, coconut ice cream, pineapple juice
4. ORANGE DREAM FRAPPE
We’re putting a spin on the classic orange creamsicle! Now in a beverage form, you can slurp away instead of letting the pop on a stick melt away. Time to enjoy this sweet, creamy goodness!
- Orange sherbert
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Fill blender with two scoops of orange sherbert and one scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Pour milk to take up about half the space of the sherbert/ice cream combined
- Blend until smooth!
- Top with whipped cream (optional)
Make it with less fat! Use vanilla frozen yogurt and fat free milk instead. You can also use almond milk and sorbet for a dairy-free option!
5. SHERBERT FREEZE
Like a little zest? Go for a sweet, tangy freeze made with your favorite flavor of sherbert. Perfect for a hot day!
- Seltzer water
- Fill blender with three scoops of orange sherbert
- Pour seltzer water to take up about half the space of the sherbert
- Blend until smooth!
Recommended flavors of sherbert: orange, raspberry, or lemon. Sorbet works as well!
6. COOKIE SANDWICH
When Oreo cookies just don’t cut it, go bigger with an ice cream-stuffed cookie sandwich! The varieties are endless with this recipe.
- 2 cookies
- 1 large scoop of your favorite ice cream
- Chocolate or rainbow sprinkles
- Squeeze a large scoop of your favorite ice cream between two cookies
- Pour sprinkles into a bowl or on a plate; roll ice cream ends and cover completely
Our flavor suggestions:
- Chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream and rainbow sprinkles
- Chocolate chip cookies with mint chip ice cream and chocolate sprinkles
- Chocolate chocolate chip cookies with chocolate ice cream and chocolate sprinkles
- Sugar cookies with strawberry ice cream and rainbow sprinkles
7. ICE CREAM SUNDAE
A sundae is the best way to get everything all-in-one! Ice cream? Check. Toppings? Check. Extra toppings? Yes, please. Here is a basic recipe with a bunch of options for your sundae, followed by some new combos if you’d like to switch it up from the classic hot fudge and whipped cream deal.
- Ice cream flavor(s) of choice
- Soft or fruit toppings (hot fudge, caramel, peanut butter, strawberries, pineapple, marshmallow, sliced banana)
- Dry toppings (nuts, chocolate sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles, candy)
- Whipped cream
- Fill bowl with ice cream of choice (suggested 1-3 scoops)
- Add desired soft and/or fruit toppings
- Top with whipped cream
- Sprinkle dry topping(s) on top of whip
- Top with a cherry
Our sundae combo suggestions:
- Classic: vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, nuts, cherry
- Banana split: sliced banana (on bottom of bowl, before ice cream), one scoop each of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, dollop each of hot fudge, strawberries, and pineapple, whipped cream, nuts, cherry
- Milk N’ Cookies: cookie dough ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, crumbled oreos, cherry
- Sweet N’ Tart: sherbert or sorbet of choice, gummy bears, whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles, cherry
- S’mores: a scoop each of chocolate and graham central station ice cream, marshmallow topping, whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, cherry
- Strawberry Dream: strawberry ice cream, strawberries, whipped cream, cherry
8. SODA FLOAT
This is the easiest thing ever! All you need is your favorite ice cream and your favorite soda. (Make sure they’ll taste good together!)
- Ice cream
- Place a scoop of ice cream in the bottom of glass (or cup)
- Slowly pour soda over it
- Watch out for the fizzing!